Heavy Rain in the Area Could Cause Localized Flooding
The City of Hollywood is experiencing heavy rain this evening that could result in localized street flooding. Please be aware of your surroundings and do not drive on flooded roads. Be sure to monitor a trusted news source, like the National Weather Service, for the latest storm information.
Flood Safety Tips
- Call 911 if floodwater impacts your home and creates an emergency situation such as a fire.
- Report a storm water issue or an emergency utility issue by calling 954.921.3046. This is the same number to call to report issues after hours, on weekends and holidays.
- Report street-level flooding that makes roads impassable by calling 954.764.4357.
- Motorists should not attempt to drive through flooded areas. Remember, "Turn Around, Don't Drown."
- Use caution with electrical appliances, electrical cords and outlets if floodwaters have entered your home.
- Residents should not wade in standing flood water, which can contain contaminants. Following a heavy storm, sharp debris and other items from overturned garbage bins could be hidden in the water and cause injury. Standing water also may contain harmful bacteria that could cause infection. Children and pets should not be allowed to play in flood water.
- Residents should prepare to notify their homeowner’s insurance providers if they experience flood damage and seek their advice on documenting the damage and drying out your home. The same applies for contacting your vehicle insurance provider if you find your vehicle has been damaged.
Parking Fees Waived at City Garages
Parking fees are waived at the four City of Hollywood garages until 8 a.m. tomorrow, August 4th.
- Garfield Garage - 300 Connecticut Street
- Nebraska Garage - 327 Nebraska Street
- Van Buren Garage - 251 S 20th Ave
- Radius Garage - 251 N 19th Ave.