Free 4-Module Online Workshops To Help You Start Your Own Business
As part of the City of Hollywood's Backing Business initiative, this 4-module workshop series will take you through the basics of starting up a business. If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and work with the instructors, you'll come away with a good understanding of the specific challenges and opportunities you will face. You will have a financial plan, a marketing plan, and an estimation of the funding you will need to get started. Conducted by Broward SCORE and sponsored by the City of Hollywood.
Workshop # 2: Got the Idea, Now What?
Wednesday, August 11 – Online – 6:00-8:00 p.m.
• Refining your business idea - Steps to develop - Fine tune your business concept
• Doing market research - Steps to identify your target audience & learn how they buy
• Knowing your customer
• Doing competitive research - How to know what your competitors are up to
Workshop # 3: Effective Marketing
Wednesday, August 18 – Online – 6:00-8:00 p.m.
• Branding your business - Steps to creating your brand
• Developing your marketing plan - Crafting a plan to communicate your marketing message
• Marketing your business with social media - What you need to know to use social media effectively
• Pricing your product or service - Learning to properly price your product for business success
Workshop # 4: Counting the Money
Wednesday, August 25 – Online – 6:00-8:30 p.m.
• Financial Planning - Why you need it - How to forecast your sales, costs, profits and assets
• Understanding and using financial statements – 3 primary financial statements you need to know about
• Finding financing