There are a number of options for the public to view and participate in the Regular City Commission Meeting, including an in-person option.
Watch the Meeting:
There are two options for the public to provide comments on Agenda Items:
- Register to provide comments virtually via the Webex Virtual Meeting App. You must be able to join the meeting virtually from an internet connected device with a web camera and microphone such as a personal computer, smart phone, or tablet. Those who register to provide comments virtually will receive the Webex meeting link by e-mail the day before the meeting.
- Register to provide in-person comments during the meeting (capacity limits and social distancing requirements apply).
Use this link to register your in-person attendance or to provide comments virtually:
- CITY COMMISSION MEETING REGISTRATION
The opportunity for public comments is available on all agenda items to be voted on by the Commission and under Citizen Comments. The opportunity for public comments is not available on Proclamations and Presentations. Public comments are limited to 3 minutes per person and time cannot be transferred. All comments received during the submission period will become part of the public record. Comments left on voicemail machines, emailed, posted to the City or CRA social media accounts or submitted after stated deadlines will not be accepted. Registration to participate in the meeting virtually or in-person must be received by 6:00 p.m. on the Tuesday prior to the City Commission Meeting.
Please note: due to capacity limitations and social distancing requirements, in-person participation requires:
- Completion of online advance registration
- Facial covering at all times when inside City Hall
- Temperature check upon entering City Hall
Staff will direct the public to the designated seating area where they will be able to listen to the meeting. Once the meeting begins and maximum indoor capacity is reached, no other members of the public will be allowed in the designated seating area. The City Clerk will call out the names of those wishing to address the City Commission in-person, at which time they will approach the lectern and address the Commission members. In-person participants commenting on multiple items may return to the designated seating area and wait for their name to be called again.
Those requiring additional assistance may call the Office of the City Clerk at 954.921.3211 during normal business hours. For City Commission Meeting questions, please contact Patricia A. Cerny, City Clerk, at 954-921-3211 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.