There are a number of options for the public to view and participate in the Regular City Commission meeting, including an option to make public comments in-person.
Watch the Meeting:
- Watch the live webstream on the City’s website
- City's Government Access Channel - Comcast Channel 78
- City's Government Access Channel - ATT U-Verse Channel 99
- Watching the meeting in-person is currently not an option for the general public
Submit a Public Comment:
Any member of the public wishing to comment on any matter, including specific agenda items and/or Citizens Comments may do so by submitting a comment via the City’s website. CLICK HERE to submit a public comment for the City Commission Meeting. Comments must be received by 6 p.m. on Tuesday, August 24th. Those requiring additional assistance by call the Office of the City Clerk at 954.921.3211 during normal business hours. Comments submitted will be read into the record, as time permits. All comments received during the submission period will become part of the public record.
In-Person Public Comment Registration:
CLICK HERE to register your in-person attendance to make a comment in the City Commission Meeting. Registration must be received by 6 p.m. on Tuesday, August 24th. Those wishing to make public comments in-person must register their attendance in advance as admission into City Hall will be granted only to those individuals who have pre-registered to speak. Everyone entering City Hall must pass through a temperature checkpoint prior to admittance, no exceptions. Once an individual is called, they will be invited into the Chambers to speak for their allotted time. Once finished, individuals will be required to leave City Hall, unless commenting on multiple items. If commenting on multiple items, individuals will go to a designated waiting area until they are called again. Masks covering your nose and mouth are required at all time, and individuals must remain socially distanced from others while waiting to enter the Chambers.
- The opportunity for public comments is available on all agenda items to be voted on by the Commission and under Citizen Comments. The opportunity for public comments is not available on Proclamations and Presentations.
- Comments are limited to 400 words and/or 3 minute spoken maximum.
- Staff will read comments submitted online into the record during the meeting for agenda items, and time permitting for Citizen Comments. Comments not read will be shared with the Commission and City Management.
- All comments received during the submission period will become part of the public record.
- Comments left on voicemail machines, emailed, posted to the City or CRA social media accounts or submitted after stated deadlines will not be accepted.