Florida Department of Health in Broward County, in partnership with the City of Hollywood hosts a free COVID-19 Walk-Up Testing Site at the Boulevard Heights Community Center, 6770 Garfield Street in West Hollywood from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. This site is closed on Sundays and Mondays. No appointment is necessary, however if you would prefer to schedule an appointment, please call 954.412.7300. Prior is given to school children and staff. Please be sure to wear a facial covering when arriving for testing.
Please note: This site will be closed Thursday, December 31, 2020 and Friday, January 1, 2021 in observance of the New Year’s holidays.
What Do I Need To Know In Order To Be Tested?
- Anyone can be tested regardless of age. Those under the age of 18 require parent or guardian consent.
- Anyone can be tested regardless of symptoms.
- Bring your appointment confirmation number with you, if you made an appointment.
What Happens When I Arrive?
- Each individual will be greeted and directed by personnel in protective gear.
- Each individual will be asked to provide their government issued ID, first and last name, health insurance card and contact information.
What is the Testing Process?
- A health professional in personal protective equipment will provide you with instructions.
- A soft swab will be inserted into your nose or throat to get the necessary sample. This may be slightly uncomfortable; however, the test is quick and should take less than a minute.
What Happens After I Am Tested?
- After you have been tested, you will be given information on what to do while awaiting test results. Please keep the instruction sheet until after you receive your results.
- Follow signage and directions for exiting the testing site.
- After being tested, continue to monitor and record symptoms.
- You will receive your test results via telephone call.