City of Hollywood Emergency Management staff and public safety personnel are monitoring the track and development of Tropical Storm Isiaias residents are encouraged to review their emergency plans and make sure they are prepared for the potential of severe weather and possible tropical storm conditions.
Heavy rains and tropical storm-force winds may occur in south Florida, although it is still too soon for forecasters to determine precisely where these hazards will occur.
Residents are encouraged to continue monitoring this storm and should ensure they have a hurricane plan in place and not focus on the forecast track of Isiaias’ center.
Residents are encouraged to use this time to finalize their personal hurricane preparations:
- Gather your hurricane supplies now if you have not already done so. You should have five to seven days’ worth of supplies, such as non-perishable food and water, for each person in your household.
- Residents should refrain from cutting trees or doing additional landscaping projects until after this storm passes. Solid/commingled and recyclable materials should be properly secured in a safe, sheltered location.
- Make plans to secure any outdoor items that could be blown around in the storm. Bring them indoors or otherwise secure them as the storm approaches.
The City of Hollywood does not have sandbags for distribution. Residents are encouraged to visit www.hollywoodfl.org/emergency for hurricane preparation tips and information regarding where to purchase sandbags and other hurricane supplies.
Before, during and after a storm important information will be posted on the City’s website at www.hollywoodfl.org, shared via CodeRED Alerts, through NotifyMe “News and Announcements” email and text messages and on the City’s social media sites, Facebook and Twitter. Receive the latest emergency updates and information by signing up today. Please bookmark, follow, like and subscribe to the City’s various information sources to be in the know.
- Website: www.hollywoodfl.org
- Emergency Website: www.hollywoodfl.org/emergency
- Twitter: @cohgov
- Facebook: @CityOfHollywoodFL
- YouTube: hollywoodflch78
- CodeRED: https://public.coderedweb.com/CNE/en-US/FA01FBCAEECA
Please stay tuned to radio and television broadcasts for further details of the storm movement and impact to our area.
All State-Supported Testing Sites Temporarily Close for Potential Tropical Storm Isiaias
Testing Sites in Hollywood Will be Closed
The Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) announced that all state-supported drive-thru and walk-up COVID-19 testing sites will temporarily close at 5 p.m. on Thursday, July 30, in anticipation of impacts from Tropical Storm Isiaias.
The sites will remain closed until they are safe to reopen, with all sites anticipated to be reopened at the latest by 8 a.m., Wednesday, August 5.
Free COVID-19 testing remains available through local County Health Departments. Please call in advance for testing through County Health Department, contact information for all counties is available here.
Testing site re-openings will be posted on FDEM’s social media. The Facebook page is available here and the Twitter page is available here.
While sites are closed, individuals are encouraged to follow all guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the recent Public Health Advisory issued by the Florida Department of Health.
A list of all state-supported testing sites can be found here