The City of Hollywood has joined with Broward County and other coastal communities to temporarily close the sandy beach over the Independence Day holiday weekend.
Temporary closure of the Sandy Beach in Hollywood
- Pursuant to Broward County Emergency Order 20-19, the City of Hollywood shall prohibit public access to the sandy beach from 12:01 a.m. on Friday, July 3, 2020 until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, July 5, 2020.
Restricted Use of the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk
- The City of Hollywood shall limit public use of the Broadwalk for access to local business establishments from 12:01 a.m. on Friday, July 3, 2020 until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, July 5, 2020.
- All recreational uses of the Broadwalk shall be prohibited during this period.
- The walking/bicycling area north of North Beach Park from Freedom Street to Perry Street is also closed to recreational use.
- Businesses along the Broadwalk will remain open with existing restrictions related to facial coverings, capacity limitation, etc.
Broward County Emergency Order 20-19
City of Hollywood Emergency Order 20-07
Prior to Closure
Visitors to beaches in Broward County, prior to the closure, must abide by restrictions currently in place.
- Beach hours shall be limited to between sunrise and sunset.
- Facial coverings must be worn at all times unless engaged in exercise activity such as walking, running, jogging, skating, bicycling, etc., while maintaining a six foot distance from other individuals. If a distance of six feet is not possible, then masks must be worn even while exercising. If individuals feel they cannot wear a mask while exercising, they should choose to exercise in a less crowded area. (Hollywood Emergency Order 2020-06)
- All individuals must wear a facial covering while visiting the beach, unless exercising. Facial coverings when not on, must be available and ready to use at all times. Individuals must be able to show their facials coverings upon request by local authority. Facial coverings should not be used by children under two (2) years of age or by anyone with a medical/health condition which would be worsened by the wearing of a facial covering.
- Disposable facial coverings and other disposable personal protective equipment such as gloves must be properly discarded, littering of facial coverings or other personal protective equipment is prohibited.
- No group gatherings or events of more than ten (10) individuals.
- No group or organized sports, including, but not limited to, volleyball, soccer, or football.
- Individuals must maintain a least six (6) feet of physical distance between persons at all times (other than members of the same household or group), including when in the water.
- Buildings (other than restroom) or essential areas for social gathering (such as changing rooms, picnic pavilions, playgrounds, exercise equipment areas, etc.) must remain closed.
- Beach concessions must comply with the applicable requirements in Broward County Emergency Order 20-12, as amended, including Attachment 1 for all concessions, Attachment 2 for all restaurants or food establishment concessions, and Attachment 3 for retail concessions.
- Concessions or beachfront hotels that provide rental equipment (such as chairs, loungers, bicycles, etc.) must sanitize the rental equipment between each customer rental.
- Beach restrooms and showers must be sanitized at least every 3 hours.
- Municipalities shall have the ability to enact more stringent requirements than set forth herein, and as with all other aspects of this Emergency Order, municipalities are authorized to enforce the requirements of this Emergency Order.