Please see the following list of events in Hollywood that have been cancelled due to COVID-19:
- 3/13 Funtastic Friday and Friday Night Movie
- 3/14 Hollywood Beach Clean Sweep Clean-Up
- 3/14 Hollywood West Concert Series
- 3/14 - 3/15 Pro Footvolley on Hollywood Beach
- 3/15 St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival in downtown Hollywood
- 3/16 Food Trucks at ArtsPark
- 3/16 Hollywood Happy Days
- 3/19 – 3/22 – Paddleball Tournament @ Hollywood Beach
- 3/20 Funtastic Friday and Friday Night Movie
- 3/21 – 3/22 – Greater Ft. Lauderdale Food and Wine Festival’ s Grand Tasting at ArtsPark
- 3/21 – ArtWalk Downtown Hollywood
- 3/21 – Outrun Hunger 5k
- 3/23 Food Trucks at ArtsPark
- 3/27 Funtastic Friday and Friday Night Movie
- 3/28 – Hollywood ArtsPark Experience: Dumpstaphunk
- 3/28 – 3/29 Pro Footvolley
- 3/30 Food Trucks at ArtsPark
- The Hollywood Historical Society Lecture Series is cancelled through July
City programming cancelled due to COVID-19:
Effective Friday, March 13th, all City programming targeted to those 55 years of age and older is cancelled until further notice. This includes most programming at the Fred Lippman Multi-Purpose Community Center, Driftwood Community Center and the Hollywood Beach Cultural and Community Center.
Additional closings and cancellations in Broward County:
South Florida school districts have announced closures in their response to the growing coronavirus outbreak. Broward County and Miami-Dade Public Schools and the Archdiocese of Miami have announced the closure of all their schools beginning next week. Please monitor local media and check with your child’s school for the latest information regarding closures and what that means for students.
Broward County Library has cancelled all library events until further notice. This includes classes, programs, workshops, sotry time, outreach events, room reservations, etc. at all Broward County Library locations. In addition, the Active Learning Center at the Main Library and removed all manipulatives (toys, puzzles, etc.) from all libraries. All libraries are scheduled to stay open with regular operating hours. Early voting will continue at designated libraries through March 15th as planned. Primary Election Day (March 17) will be held at designated libraries that serve as precincts as planned.
Broward County Court has been suspended until further notice.
Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport remains open, however Delta Airlines has suspended 40% of their flights. Please check with your airline for the latest status update on flights.
Port Everglades is open and operational. The Port is working closely with the U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Florida Department of Health (FDOH) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Quarantine Station in Miami for any COVID-19 issues that may arise with cruise ships or cargo vessels.
Additional cancellations in Broward County:
- Florida Renaissance Festival- Cancelled
- Museum of Discovery and Science Annual Wine, Culinary & Spirits Celebration (March 13) – Postponed until Summer 2020
- Jazz in the Gardens (March 14-15) – Postponed until further notice
- Broward Heart Walk (March 15) – Rescheduled for March 10
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Food & Wine Festival (March 18-22) – Rescheduled to August 5-9, 2020
- City of Fort Lauderdale St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Festival (March 13-14) - Cancelled
- FemAle Brew Fest (March 21) – Postponed until further notice
- Dania Beach Arts and Seafood Celebration (March 28-29) – Postponed until further notice
- Pride of the Americas (April 21-26) – Postponed until Fall 2020
- Inter Miami CF’s home games in Fort Lauderdale (along with all MLS play) suspended until April 12.
- Florida Panther Hockey games (along with all NHL games) are suspended indefinitely.
More on the cancellation of the Hollywood St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival:
In collaboration with the Hibernians of Hollywood and the Community Redevelopment Agency, the City of Hollywood has announced the St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Festival in downtown Hollywood has officially been cancelled. The decision to cancel was made out of an abundance of caution due to concerns over COVID-19 and the state of emergency declared by Broward County.
The City is diligently monitoring the development of COVID-19 and is taking the necessary precautions for the safety and well-being of our community. We are working closely with local and state officials and remain vigilant in following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Florida Department of Health guidelines. All residents are encouraged to take preventative actions to help stop the spread of germs, such as hand washing, social distancing, and staying home if you are feeling sick.