Please see the following list of events that have been cancelled due to COVID-19:
- 3/13 Funtastic Friday and Friday Night Movie
- 3/14 Hollywood Beach Clean Sweep Clean-Up
- 3/14 Hollywood West Concert Series
- 3/14 - 3/15 Pro Footvolley on Hollywood Beach
- 3/15 St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival in downtown Hollywood
- 3/16 Food Trucks at ArtsPark
- 3/16 Hollywood Happy Days
- 3/19 – 3/22 – Paddleball Tournament @ Hollywood Beach
- 3/20 Funtastic Friday and Friday Night Movie
- 3/21 – 3/22 – Greater Ft. Lauderdale Food and Wine Festival’ s Grand Tasting at ArtsPark
- 3/21 – ArtWalk Downtown Hollywood
- 3/21 – Outrun Hunger 5k
- 3/23 Food Trucks at ArtsPark
- 3/27 Funtastic Friday and Friday Night Movie
- 3/28 – Hollywood ArtsPark Experience: Dumpstaphunk
- 3/28 – 3/29 Pro Footvolley
- 3/30 Food Trucks at ArtsPark
Programming cancelled due to COVID-19:
Effective Friday, March 13th, all City programming targeted to those 55 years of age and older is cancelled until further notice. This includes most programming at the Fred Lippman Multi-Purpose Community Center, Driftwood Community Center and the Hollywood Beach Cultural and Community Center.
Additional closings and cancellations:
South Florida school districts have announced closures in their response to the growing coronavirus outbreak. Broward County and Miami-Dade Public Schools and the Archdiocese of Miami have announced the closure of all their schools beginning next week. Please monitor local media and check with your child’s school for the latest information regarding closures and what that means for students.
Broward County Library has cancelled all library events until further notice. This includes classes, programs, workshops, sotry time, outreach events, room reservations, etc. at all Broward County Library locations. In addition, the Active Learning Center at the Main Library and removed all manipulatives (toys, puzzles, etc.) from all libraries. All libraries are scheduled to stay open with regular operating hours. Early voting will continue at designated libraries through March 15th as planned. Primary Election Day (March 17) will be held at designated libraries that serve as precincts as planned.
More on the St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival:
In collaboration with the Hibernians of Hollywood and the Community Redevelopment Agency, the City of Hollywood has announced the St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Festival in downtown Hollywood has officially been cancelled. The decision to cancel was made out of an abundance of caution due to concerns over COVID-19 and the state of emergency declared by Broward County.
The City is diligently monitoring the development of COVID-19 and is taking the necessary precautions for the safety and well-being of our community. We are working closely with local and state officials and remain vigilant in following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Florida Department of Health guidelines. All residents are encouraged to take preventative actions to help stop the spread of germs, such as hand washing, social distancing, and staying home if you are feeling sick.