The City recently launched the ePermit Building Permit Service that allows residents, contractors and tradesmen the ability to submit more than 20 different building permits and forms electronically for electronic review. Due to the popularity of the service, and in a continuing effort to better serve customers, Development Services is pleased to announce the launch of the new “Digital Friday” Permit Service.
Begun on October 5th, staff now conducts ePermt reviews each Friday from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. at City Hall. Adding a fifth day of review services during the week should result in a faster turnaround time of your ePermit, and in some cases, may result in your permit being issued on the same day as submittal.
During this three month pilot program, staff will study the overall customer service experience, speed and accuracy of the service, and level of interest from the community. Results will determine if expansion of the program is warranted. To qualify for the Digital Friday Permit Service the following guidelines must be met:
• Only ePermit “short review” permits will be accepted, excluding demolition, ROW utility and dumpster enclosures
• Submissions must be emailed to ePermits@hollywoodfl.org
• No walk-ins accepted
• Plan Reviewers will not be available for consultation
• Maximum of 10 permit applications per contractor per Digital Friday
• Contractor must be preapproved with verified insurance, workman's comp and contractor license
• Must pay online with a valid credit card
• Guarantee plan review; if approved permit can be issued
• Applications in a Historic District may be delayed as additional review may be required
For inquiries or other information requiring Digital Friday’s, please call 954.921.3335. You may also inquire in person at the second floor lobby, City Hall, 2600 Hollywood Boulevard during normal business hours, Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. To register to participate in the Digital Friday pilot program, please email Christina Gordon at email@example.com.