Stirling Road Improvement Project Set To Begin/Public Meeting Planned
The Florida Department of Transportation awarded a $4,580,758 contract to Weekley Asphalt, Inc., for 2.5 miles of roadway improvements along Stirling Road from east of SR 7/US 441 to east of University Drive. Construction is set to begin on February 20, 2017 and is expected to be completed by Early 2018.
A Public Meeting is planned for Thursday, February 16th at 6:00 p.m. at the Driftwood Community Center, 3000 N. 69 Avenue in Hollywood. The project plans will be on display at this informal meeting and FDOT staff will be available to discuss the construction, answer questions and address individual concerns.
The project improvements include:
• Roadway widening east and west of SR 7/US 441 to allow for a new 5-foot bike lane to connect to existing bike lanes along Stirling Road
• Median modifications to accommodate longer turn lanes from Stirling Road to SR 7/US 441.
• Removing old asphalt and resurfacing the roadway within project limits
• Upgrading sidewalks and ramps to meet current ADA standards
• Installing new pedestrian countdown timers at the following intersections: SW 64th Avenue/Carriage Heights Drive, North 66th Avenue, and SR 7/US 441
• Installing Intelligent Transportation System technology throughout project corridor
• Replacing overhead aluminum signs
• Improving the existing lighting along the corridor
• Installation new bus shelter pads at existing bus stop locations
• Adding new signing and pavement markings
Motorists can expect lane closures Monday through Friday between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. and overnight closures Sunday through Thursday between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. If you need special accommodations for the public meeting or would like to receive updates on this project from FDOT, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the subject line “Stirling Road Improvements Project in Davie, Hollywood, and the Seminole Indian Reservation.”