The National Weather Service has issued a flood watch for the Hollywood area until Friday, July 28th at 8:00 p.m.
These storms may include periods of heavy rainfall that could result in localized street flooding. Please be aware of your surroundings and do not drive on flooded roads. Be sure to monitor a trusted news source, like the National Weather Service, for the latest storm information.
Parking fees at the Radius, Van Buren, Nebraska and Garfield garages will be waived for Hollywood residents from 5:00 p.m. today, July 28 until tomorrow, July 29 at 8:00 a.m.
Flood Safety Tips
- Call 911 if floodwater impacts your home and creates an emergency situation such as a fire.
- Report a storm water issue or an emergency utility issue by calling 954.921.3046. This is the same number to call to report issues after hours, on weekends and holidays.
- Report street-level flooding that makes roads impassable by calling 954.764.4357.
- Motorists should not attempt to drive through flooded areas. Remember, "Turn Around, Don't Drown."
- Use caution with electrical appliances, electrical cords and outlets if floodwaters have entered your home.
- Residents should not wade in standing flood water, which can contain contaminants. Following a heavy storm, sharp debris and other items from overturned garbage bins could be hidden in the water and cause injury. Standing water also may contain harmful bacteria that could cause infection. Children and pets should not be allowed to play in flood water.
- Residents should prepare to notify their homeowner’s insurance providers if they experience flood damage and seek their advice on documenting the damage and drying out your home. The same applies for contacting your vehicle insurance provider if you find your vehicle has been damaged.