The City of Hollywood, in partnership with micro-transit provider Circuit, announces the launch of a two-month pilot community shuttle service in west Hollywood. During the trial period, March 27th through May 31st, the “Sun Shuttle West” Community Shuttle will operate 6-days a week, Monday through Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Upon request, a 12-person passenger van will pick-up and drop-off passengers at 18 predetermined locations. The pick-up and drop-off locations are high-volume destinations located west of I-95 between Johnson and Washington Streets to the Florida Turnpike. The Sun Shuttle West is an on-demand service, meaning shuttles will only visit designated pick-up/drop-off locations when a ride has been requested for that location. Riders are discouraged from waiting at a location without first making a request via the mobile application.
Riders can download the “Ride Circuit” application to request a ride. Fares will be set at $2.00 per person per ride, however if space is available, a person can ride to wherever the shuttle is already going free of charge.
Here's How It Works
Request a “Sun Shuttle West” ride via the application.
- Non-smartphone users may request a ride by calling 954.303.9057.
- Go to your designated pick-up/drop-off location and wait for the shuttle to arrive.
Designated Pick-Up and Drop-Off Locations
During this pilot period, the following locations have been identified as the designated Sun Shuttle West Community Shuttle Service pick-up/drop-off locations:
- Hollywood Tri-Rail Station, 3001 Hollywood Blvd.
- Target, 3251 Hollywood Blvd.
- Publix, 3251 Hollywood Blvd.
- Memorial Regional Hospital, Internal Medicine, 1150 N 35th Ave.
- CVS, 4400 Hollywood Blvd.
- Walmart, 301 S. State Road 7
- Miramar Bakery, 370 S. State Road 7
- New England Mobile Park, 600 S. 62nd Ave.
- Bravo Supermarket, 6767 Pembroke Road
- Kay Gaither Community Center, 6291 Funston St.
- Burlington, 755 S. State Road 7
- Zinkil Park, Washington Street & S. 54th Ave.
- Hillcrest No. 2, 5100 Washington St.
- Hillcrest Court Building 8, 1101 Hillcrest Ct.
- Arrow Wood, 1500 Tallwood Ave.
- Hillcrest Building 20, 919 Hillcrest Dr.
- Hillcrest Building 21, 4400 Hillcrest Dr.
- Hillcrest Building 23, 4330 Hillcrest Dr.
- Hillcrest Building 25, 3800 Hillcrest Dr.
Visit the dedicated website for the interactive map
Ridership will be evaluated during this pilot program and used for a feasibility study for a permanent community shuttle service. This additional community shuttle service would help to link with the BCT mainline bus system and Tri-Rail giving residents, visitors, and the business community access to a more integrated and convenient mass transit system within the city and beyond.