COVID-19 Walk-Up Testing Sites in Hollywood
Boulevard Heights Community Center Location: Florida Department of Health in Broward County, in partnership with the City of Hollywood hosts a free COVID-19 Walk-Up Testing Site at the Boulevard Heights Community Center, 6770 Garfield Street in West Hollywood from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. This site is closed on Sundays and Mondays. No appointment is necessary, however if you would prefer to schedule an appointment, please call 954.412.7300. Priority is given to school children and staff. Please be sure to wear a facial covering when arriving for testing.
Please note: As of March 19, 2022, the following testing locations operated by Curative are no longer able to offer free testing to the uninsured due to the unavailability of federal funds for reimbursement.
Oak Lake Community Center Location: Curative, in partnership with the City hosts a free COVID-19 Testing Site at the Oak Lake Community Center, 3190 N 56th Avenue in West Hollywood from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. This site is closed on Sundays. This site is a self-collected, shallow nasal PCR test. Results are delivered within 1-2 days from receipt of the sample at the lab. Book your appointment at Curative.com. Please be sure to wear a facial covering when arriving for testing.
David Park Community Center Location: Curative, in partnership with the City of Hollywood hosts a free COVID-19 Testing Site at the David Park Community Center, 108 N 33rd Court in East Hollywood Sunday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Test results are delivered same-day and testing is available at no cost to you. Schedule an appointment at the Curative website here.
Please note: due to supply chain issues, Curative is working on transition from the Rapid PCR test at the David park Community Center to the Abbot Rapid ID NOW Molecular Test. The Abbott test is a rapid molecular test that detects COVID-19 in 13 minutes or less.
Hollywood Shuffleboard Courts: Curative, in partnership with the City hosts a free COVID-19 Testing Site at the Hollywood Shuffleboard Courts, 309 N 21st Avenue in East Hollywood Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. This site is a self-collected, shallow nasal PCR test. Results are delivered within 1-2 days from receipt of the sample at the lab. Book your appointment at Curative.com. Please be sure to wear a facial covering when arriving for testing.
What Do I Need To Know Before Getting Tested?
- Curative’s rapid PCR test is self-collected. A healthcare worker wearing personal protective equipment will guide you through the testing process step by step.
- Rapid PCR testing is currently restricted to patients 5 years of age or older.
- Testing is available for asymptomatic and symptomatic patients.
- There is no out-of-pocket cost for the test and it is available for both insured and uninsured; insured must provide insurance information.
- Please bring your ID and insurance card (if applicable) to the site to receive your test. If you made an appointment, bring your appointment confirmation number/QR code with you.
- Test results are delivered electronically via text or email.
- Questions? Contact our support team at email@example.com or call 888-702-9042.
- Click here for additional testing sites in Broward County
Important Information Regarding COVID-19 Vaccinations in Broward County
Expansion of Vaccination Eligibility
Florida has many sites providing free COVID-19 vaccine to all, Florida residency is not required. Use the vaccine finder to find a site near you. Vaccines are free at all locations.
Age 5 & Up Eligible for Pfizer Vaccine
All DOH-Broward vaccination sites provide the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to individuals ages 5 and older.
- Those 18+ are eligible to receive the Moderna and Janssen (Johnson and Johnson) vaccine
- Those 5+ are eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine
No Appointment Required at Florida Department of Health - Broward Vaccination Sites
No appointment required at COVID-19 vaccination sites operated by Florida Department of Health in Broward County. Please visit the Broward County Website to confirm details. Vaccination sites operated by DOH - Broward are as follows:
- C.B. Smith Park, 900 N. Flamingo Road, Pembroke Pines. Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (WALK-UP VACCINE)
- Central Broward Park & Broward County Stadium, 3700 NW 11th Place, Lauderhill. Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (DRIVE-THROUGH VACCINE)
- Coral Square Mall, 9469 W. Atlantic Blvd., Coral Springs. Hours: Wednesday - Friday 8 a.m. to noon, Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (WALK-UP VACCINE)
- Lockhart Stadium, 1350 NW 55th Street, Fort Lauderdale. Hours: Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (WALK-UP VACCINE)
- Nova Southeastern University, 7901 SW 36st St, Suite 209, Davie. Hours: Monday - Wednesday noon to 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (WALK-UP VACCINE)
- Pompano Beach Citi Centre, 1955 N. Federal Hwy, Pompano Beach. Hours: Tuesday - Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (DRIVE-THROUGH VACCINE)
- Quiet Waters Park, 401 S Powerline Road, Deerfield Beach. Hours: Sunday - Thursday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (DRIVE-THROUGH VACCINE)
- Reverend Samuel Delevoe Memorial Park, 2520 NW 6th St. Fort Lauderdale. Hours: Tuesday - Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (DRIVE-THROUGH VACCINE)
- Vizcaya Park, 14200 SW 55th St., Miramar. Hours Tuesday - Saturday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (WALK-UP VACCINE)
To check availability and schedule an appointment with local pharmacies and retail stores, please visit:
- Walmart and Sam’s Club registration - Walmart.com/COVIDvaccine OR samsclub.com/covid
- Publix registration - Publix.com/covid-vaccine/florida
- CVS registration - Cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine
- Walgreen's registration - https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19?ban=covid_vaccine1_landing_schedule
- Winn-Dixie registration - https://www.winndixie.com/pharmacy/covid-vaccine
In-home Vaccinations for Homebound Residents
Complete this Survey for in-home vaccinations. If you need help completing the survey, please call 866-779-6121 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hospital Vaccination Sites
In addition to the Department of Health initiatives, there are 173 hospitals in Florida administering vaccines to health care workers who have direct patient contact, health care workers who are out in the community and to persons age 65+ determined by hospital providers to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19. There are 14 hospitals in Broward County, please click the links below to visit the individual facility's COVID-19 informational webpages:
Once an individual has received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, they will be given a scheduled time to return for their second dose. It is very important to return for the second dose on the day and time instructed to do so.
Monoclonal Antibody Treatments
On January 24, 2022, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reissued the emergency use authorizations for Eli Lilly’s bamlanivimab-etesevimab and Regeneron’s REGEN-COV monoclonal antibody therapy treatments, which states that these treatments are not authorized for use in any U.S. state, territory, or jurisdiction at this time. Unfortunately, as a result of this abrupt decision made by the federal government, all state-supported monoclonal antibody therapy treatment sites are closed until further notice. The full Florida Department of Health press release can be found here and the FDA press release can be found here.
Florida Residency Not Required
The State of Florida does not have a proof of residency requirement for getting the COVID-19 vaccine at state and federal supported sites. This is in an effort to expand eligibility across the state. Access is also available to any individual who is present in Florida for the purpose of providing goods or services for the benefit of residents and visitors of the state, according to a statement released from the Florida Department of Health.
Your COVID-19 Vaccine Questions Answered
We realize you may be hesitant in taking the COVID-19 vaccination, so it is good to ask questions. In an effort to help you get the answers you need so you can make the best decision for you and your family, visit the Health Foundation of South Florida's website for additional resources, and in multiple languages. LEARN MORE HERE