The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) District Four and Broward County will be hosting 3 "Alternatives Public Workshops" for the Broward Commuter Rail (BCR) Project Development & Environment (PD&E) Study, which runs from Deerfield Beach to Hollywood, including six stations, a new crossing over the New River, and a connection to the Miami Central Station.
A PD&E study is FDOT’s process to evaluate the social, economic, and environmental benefits and impacts associated with a planned transportation improvement project. The objective of the BCR PD&E Study is to develop and analyze alternatives that integrate passenger rail and freight rail service along the Florida East Coast (FEC) Railway. The project team is planning to present a recommendation to the Broward County Commission of a Locally Preferred Alternative (LPA) in the spring, which will identify the general station locations and the recommended alternative for the crossing of the New River. A decision on an LPA is necessary to move into the Federal Transit Administration’s (FTA) Project Development process which will allow the project to compete for federal funds through the FTA Capital Improvement Grant program.
The FDOT will host three Alternatives Public Workshops (two virtual and one in-person) to encourage as much participation as possible from our community.
Registration for all workshops is available here
Below are the times, dates, locations and information for those that wish to join by phone or to attend in-person.
• Thursday, January 27, 2022, beginning at 3 p.m. to be held virtually To attend by phone call toll free 1-877-309-2074, access code 146-171-718.
• Thursday, January 27, 2022, beginning at 6:30 p.m. to be held virtually To attend by phone call toll free 1-877-309-2074, access code 125-404-365.
• Monday, January 31, 2022, beginning at 6:30 p.m. The In-Person Alternatives Public Workshop will be held at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, 201 SW 5th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312.
- Parking at the Center is available at no charge in the public garage located at the corner of SW 5th Avenue and SW 2nd Street, across from the Performing Arts Center.
- The latest social distancing requirements will be followed.