City of Hollywood General Fund Social Service Agency Grants & Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funds
The City of Hollywood is accepting applications for the Fiscal Year 2022 General Fund Social Service Agency Grant Program. The City will be collecting and reviewing the agency applications and making funding recommendations to the City Commission. Programs must demonstrate a significant benefit to Hollywood residents.
- Early childhood education
- STEAM-focused education (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics)
- Health, wellness or nutrition
- Shelter and housing
- Respite care and elder services
- Diversity and cultural outreach
- Training and career planning and development
- Veteran services
Please see the application for all requirements and submittal instructions. Applications with all attachments must be received by Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. in the Budget Office, 2600 Hollywood Blvd.; Room 415; Hollywood, FL 33020.Funding cycle is currently closed.
For questions, or to receive the Word version of this application please contact Angela Stanley at email@example.com or 954.921.3206.
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) - These funds are provided by the federal government and certain restrictions apply. These grants fund programs and services in the following areas:
- Education: assistance to low-to-moderate income (LMI) children in order to improve academic performance.
- Workforce Development: assistance to low-to-moderate income (LMI) persons for job training and job placement with special emphasis on healthcare and related industries, retail trade, manufacturing and tourism related industries.
- Other: Public Services that benefit low and moderate income (LMI) residents of Hollywood.
For more information regarding the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Application or to receive the Word version of the application, email Donna Biederman.
Process by which Funding Recommendations are made to the City Commission (General Funds and CDBG Funds Only):
The application process and funding awards are recommended by the Community Development Advisory Board (CDAB) and approved by the City Commission. The CDAB is an advisory board, made up of up to eleven (11) Hollywood residents, appointed by the City Commission.
Each year the CDAB holds a publicly advertised Citizen Needs Assessment prior to the grant cycle. The Board then identifies the public service focus areas for the Community Development Block Grant based on citizen needs, data and other resources.
The CDAB reviews the grant applications, listens to applicant presentations for both the General Fund Agency Grants and CDBG Funds and collectively makes funding recommendations to the City Commission.
CDBG applications are due by February 11, 2021 at 3:00 PM to the Community Development Division, located at City Hall, in the Old Library Building- North Entrance.
NOTE THAT FUNDING IS NOT FORMALLY ALLOCATED FOR THESE PROGRAMS UNTIL THE CITY FY 2022 BUDGET IS FINALIZED. ADDITIONALLY, IT IS POSSIBLE THAT NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE FUNDED.
If your organization is interested in applying for future grant opportunities from the City of Hollywood, please provide your agency name, contact and email address to Donna Biederman, Community Development Coordinator, with the Department of Development Services, Community Development Division.