Beach Maintenance Program
The Beach Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for crews maintaining approximately 5 miles of sandy beach, 2.5 miles of the world famous Hollywood Beach Broadwalk, and 75 east-west streets that end at the Broadwalk.
Beach Maintenance crews work from 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. daily. The Beach Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) crew, which includes a night supervisor and staff, are on the job from 1:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. daily.
- Monitoring contract cleaning of City-owned restroom facilities in beachfront parks and along the Broadwalk.
- Maintaining dune vegetation and palms on the beach.
- Sweeping the Broadwalk and east-west streets.
- Raking and grading the sandy beach (cleaning activities are limited to manual cleaning and grading during the sea turtle season - March 1 to October 31).
- Addressing any safety hazards that occur on the barrier-island
- Performing beach cleanup after storms and hurricanes.