Join Our Team
Are you ready to begin your dream career in law enforcement or are you an experienced officer ready to make your next career move? The Hollywood Police Department is the place for you! HPD is currently hiring candidates who qualify in three different ways:
- Non-certified recruits ready to embark on a challenging law enforcement career with HPD and seeking a department to sponsor their academy training
- Certified candidates who want to be part of an agency committed to the highest level of professionalism and integrity in law enforcement
- Experienced officers planning the next phase of their law enforcement careers and ready to bring their skills and expertise to Hollywood
Whether you’re just getting started on the path to a fulfilling law enforcement career, a veteran officer seeking new challenges, or a recently retired officer not ready to stop working—it would be hard to find a better place to build or continue your career.
- Certified: $61,229.95 – $74,425.38
- Non-Certified: $61,229.95
5% pay increase -every year for first 6 years in addition to yearly contract raises for non-certified officers. For certified officers, it will depend on starting pay.
(up to 5%)
Assignment Pay Available -
Retire with 22 years of continuous service with 75% of the average monthly earnings with an 8 year D.R.O.P.
Annual Leave:1 to 7 years on receive 80 hours of vacation, 88 hours of Holidays, 8 hours of Birthday, 1 Personal Day and 1 Administrative Day
- 8 to 10 years on - receive 104 hours of vacation and above extra days
- 11 to 15 years on - receive 128 hours of vacation and above extra days
- 16 to 20 years on - receive 144 hours of vacation and above extra days
- 21 and up - receive 168 hours of vacation and above extra days
Sick Leave: Employees accrue 8 hours of Sick Leave per calendar month
No Health care coverage premiums for employees selecting Single coverage with In-Network providers.
Dental and Vision insurance provided along with a Health Reimbursement Account valued at $300 for Single coverage, $400 for single plus one dependent and $700 for single and two or dependents
- Vehicle Take Home
- Specialized Units Included: SWAT, K-9, Beach/Marine Unit, Detective Unit, Traffic/Motors Unit, Street Crimes, Vice Unit
- Call back to duty compensation
- On duty physical workout time
- Uniform or clothing allowance and full uniform and equipment issuance and replacement
- No cost Annual Wellness physical through City's provider up to $500
- No cost 100,000 Life Insurance Policy
- Most Units work a 4/10 schedule. Four (4) days on with three (3) days off with overtime opportunities.
- Higher Education Reimbursement: 100% reimbursement when a grade of ‘A’ or ‘B’ is earned. (Max $1800 additional pay a year.)
- One (1) year of Probation and then can test for rank of Sergeant after five (5) continuous years of service with additional credit given for college education.
The City of Hollywood
is an Equal Opportunity EmployerJob listing for Non-Certified Police Officers
Our Core Values & Beliefs
- Our foundation is built on integrity
- The leadership of the Hollywood Police Department is guided by the dedication and loyalty of its members
- We are accountable to ourselves and the community while providing service with courtesy, compassion and empathy
- We are committed to continued progressive policing in partnership with our community
- We are committed to providing the highest quality of service to the community by always performing at our personal best
- We take pride in our organization and the community we serve
All applicants must:
- be 21 years of age at time of State Certification
- be a citizen of the United States at the time of application
- be a high school graduate from an accredited high school or have a GED
- be of good moral character
- have no felony convictions
- have no misdemeanor convictions involving perjury or false statement
- have committed no incidents of violence
- Military discharge must not have been dishonorable
- Pass Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT) or pass a competitive civil service exam (law)
- Pass Basic Motor Skills Test (BMST) for physical agility
- Pass Swim Test
- Pass Polygraph examination
- Pass Oral Board examination
- Pass psychological screening (law)
- Pass an extensive medical evaluation and drug screening
- Meet current State training requirements as necessary
- Pass an extensive background investigation
- Pass drug detection by urinalysis test
- Stable work history
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Must possess ability to exercise discretion
Thank You for your interest in the Hollywood Police Department. Before submitting the application, you must take the required tests and obtain a print out of all your scores. Please schedule all of your tests on your own. Once they are all completed and you have all the required documents, you can begin the application process. You will be required to upload your test scores, a 27 page personal history statement and required documents that are listed on page 2 of the personal history statement. Click HERE for the Personal History Statement.
Required Tests: CJBAT, SWIM TEST AND PHYSICAL AGILITY
1. You will need to take the Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT) which is offered at the Broward Institute of Public Safety.
2. The Basic Motor Skills Test (BMST) is given at the Broward Institute of Public Safety.
3. Swim Test is given at the Broward Institute of Public Safety.
For testing information at the Broward County Institute of Public Safety, please visit www.broward.edu/ips.
- If you plan ahead, all tests can be completed within one week. Once you have the entire completed packet, which includes all test scores, the Personal History Statement and required documents, click here to create an account and submit your application and documents electronically on our site. If you have difficulty uploading the documents, contact Joshua Kittinger from Human Resources at 954-921-3216