Boards & Committees
2023 Board Appointments
The City Commission appointed volunteers to fill nearly 69 seats on various Boards and Committees. The appointments were made on June 14, 2023 at 3:30 PM by the City Commission.
Several seats on various boards are still open, to be considered for any appointment, applicants must comply with specific requirements for each board/committee:
Affordable Housing Authority Committee
Emerald Hills Safety Enhancement District Board
Historic Preservation Board
You can apply online using the electronic Boards & Committees Application form.
All completed interest forms must have a resume attached and be returned to the Office of the City Clerk at Hollywood City Hall, 2600 Hollywood Boulevard, Room 221.
Any applicant applying to the Emerald Hills Safety Enhancement District Board .Board members shall be owners of real property within the District throughout their terms. You can apply online using the electronic Emerald Hills Safety Enhancement Board Interest Form. Note: Appointments for this board will be made in November 2023.
For additional information, contact the Office of the City Clerk at 954.921.3211.
Applications are considered active for one year.
- Board and Committee meetings may require day or evening attendance. By accepting appointment to a Board or Committee, you are affirming your ability to attend meetings as scheduled.
- Carefully read the handbook for the opening you are applying for. Some positions require City of Hollywood residency. Once received, all application materials become the property of the City of Hollywood.
- The Board and Committee members serve on a voluntary basis. Annual appointments are done at a Special Commission meeting in May of each year.
Note: To be considered for any appointment, applicants must complete an interest form. Additionally, a resume must be attached to the application and submitted to the Office of the City Clerk.
Financial Disclosure Form
A yearly Financial Disclosure Form as well as quarterly Gift Disclosure Forms must be filed once a board member has been appointed to one of the following boards:
- Employees’ Retirement Plan Board
- Emerald Hills Safety Enhancement Board
- Firefighters’ Pension Board
- Historic Preservation Board
- Planning and Development Board
- Police Officers’ Pension Board