The Hollywood Police Department is committed to the safety and fair, respectful treatment of all Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer/Questioning (LGBTQ +) residents and visitors.
The LGBTQ+ Liaison Officer strengthens the relationship between the LGBTQ + community and the Hollywood Police Department by creating mutual trust and confidence through community involvement, departmental education, and by ensuring fair and professional policing services. Our community partners include The Hollywood LGBTQ+ Council (www.lgbtqcouncil.com).
Using a reporting and responsibility model similar to the Neighborhood Team Leaders (NTL), the Liaison is available to work with community members, business owners, and visitors in the following areas:
- Work as a single point of contact between the Hollywood Police Department and the LGBTQ + community.
- Work with all units of the Police Department that request assistance in identifying with LGBTQ + citizens and addressing their concerns.
- Assist and advise, as needed, with the Department’s leadership on cases involving the LGBTQ + Community or LGBTQ + Issues.
- Provide a forum for the LGBTQ + community to express concerns regarding crimes directed against the LGBTQ + community.
- Meet with and provide a forum for business owners, community groups, and individuals of the LGBTQ+ Community, and present information on relevant law enforcement issues.
- Collaborate with community leaders, businesses, and residents to design and implement public safety projects and programs to increase and improve the safety of the LGBTQ + community.
- Facilitate an overall open relationship between the LGBTQ + community and the Police Chief’s Office.
- Meet quarterly, or as needed, with leaders of the Hollywood LGBTQ + community as well as attending LGBTQ + community events to build relationships
If you have any issues, questions, or concerns, please contact our LGBTQ + Liaison Officers: