CDBG Eviction Prevention and Rental Assistance Program
The City is providing an Eviction Prevention/Rental Assistance Program funded by Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) for eligible City of Hollywood residents that have been affected by the COVID-19 Health Crisis. The application period will begin starting July 12, 2021 and continue until funds have been exhausted.
The CDBG Eviction Prevention/ Rental Assistance Program is limited to households whose income does not exceed 80% of the Area Median Income as listed below:
|HOUSEHOLD||MAXIMUM GROSS INCOME|
CDBG EVICTION PREVENTION/ RENTAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
TENANT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- A tenant beneficiary(s) must be a United States Citizen or legal resident, eligible to receive federal assistance as defined in Title 8 of the U.S.C. and 24 CFR Section 570.613.
- The tenant beneficiary’s total household income must not exceed 80% Area median Income (AMI), adjusted for family size, at the time of application. (Income Limits Chart above).
- The tenant beneficiary must reside within the corporate limits of the City of Hollywood and had residency within the corporate limits of the City of Hollywood as of the date the COVID-19 Health Emergency was officially declared by Governor of the State of Florida on March 9, 2020 (Executive Order Number 20-52 Emergency Management - COVID-19 Public Health Emergency).
- The tenant beneficiary must have a lease in their name. If other persons are listed on the lease and do not reside in the property, the applicant must submit a revised lease from the landlord in the applicant’s name only or provide documented proof that said person no longer resides in the household.
- The tenant beneficiary or household member must not have liquid assets that exceed the benefit cap of the Eviction Prevention/Rental Assistance Program.
- The Eviction Prevention/Rental Assistance Program is created to assist eligible households with temporary rental assistance in order to avoid displacement due to loss of income, reduction in hours, or unemployment as a result of the COVID-19 Health Emergency.
- The tenant beneficiary and household members over the age of 18 must certify that they have experienced loss of income, reduction in hours, or unemployment as a result of the disaster/emergency that contributed to non-payment of rent.
- The tenant beneficiary must be at least 30 days in arrears to receive rent assistance.
There are 2 downloads to this application package- #1-The Housing Intake Application AND #2- The Self-Certification. Both must be fully completed, signed and submitted. The Self-Certification requires 2 Witnesses.
1. Click here for the “Housing Intake Application” with instructions.
- Download the Housing Intake Application. Print and complete ALL information required legibly in Blue ink only and include signatures and witnesses, as specified. There shall be no blank spaces and applicants shall mark any space where information is not applicable with “n/a”. Incomplete
2. Click here The Self-Certification of Income and COVID Hardship.
- Download a separate “Self-Certification of Income and COVID Hardship Form” for each adult household member 18 years of age or over. Self-Certifications shall be completed legibly in Blue ink only and include signatures and 2 witnesses, as specified.
3. Attach documents of proof of identity and residency documents: 1) Lease; 2) Driver’s license, ID or birth certificate for all household members; 3) Proof of citizenship or legal status (Social Security Card, etc.)
- Do not provide any original documentation. Only photocopies will be accepted. The City will not make photocopies for any applicant.
- Review application checklist to ensure complete application package.
The application will require you to attach documents of proof of identity, residency and income. Please begin to collect the following information:
☐ Unemployment approval/denial Letter for each adult household member, if applicable;
☐ Unemployment Statement for each adult household member, if applicable;
☐ Most recent Workers Compensation Statements for each adult household member, if applicable;
☐ Birth certificates for all minor children;
☐ Social Secuirty cards or US Passport or other proof of legal residency in the United States for ALL household members;
☐ Most current copy of lease in applicant's name and lease extension, if expired.;
☐ Copy of lease in applicant’s name prior to March 9, 2020 to prove Hollywood residency pre-COVID-19;
☐ Landlord’s W-9. If landlord refuses or is unable to provide their W-9, we will be unable to provide assistance;
☐ Three (3) day notice for failure to pay rent (if applicable);
☐Provide any and all proof of income for individuals that live at the property and that are over the age of 18;
☐ 6 months of ALL bank statements (checking, savings, other) for each household member. All pages of statements are required (Example: If one of the statements has 5 pages, you must provide all 5 pages- 1 of 5, 2 of 5, 3 of 5 and so on;
☐ Last 2 months of consecutive (back to back) paycheck stubs
☐ Attach most recent IRS Tax Form 1099 for each adult household member (if applicable);
☐ Attach year to date Profit and Loss Statement (if self- employed);
☐ Current copy of social security statement/award letter for each adult household member if applicable);
☐ Current copy of retirement/pension statements for each adult household member;
☐ Attach Alimony Agreement, Child Support Agreement or other for each adult household member (if applicable);
☐ Additional documents may be required
Applicants will download the application, print and complete ALL information required. Application shall be completed legibly in Blue ink only and include signatures and witnesses, as specified.
If an applicant is unable to print the application, hard copies are available at the City’s Community Development Division Office.
There shall be no blank spaces and applicants shall mark any space where information is not applicable with “n/a”. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applicants will print legibly, in blue ink, and provide all necessary information on the application.
Applicants will attach ALL necessary documentation listed in the checklist above. Applicants shall not provide any original documentation. Only photocopies will be accepted. The City will not make photocopies for any applicant. If all documentation is not provided, the application will be placed on hold until all documents are provided. Due to the volume of anticipated applications, City staff will not be available to assist applicants to complete an application for assistance. Applicants may drop off all hard copies of completed application and attachments to:
City of Hollywood’s Community Development Division
2600 Hollywood Blvd.- Old Library Building
Hollywood, FL 33020.
Special Instructions: Applicants may utilize the “Mail Drop Box” located on the right side of the glass doors of the Old Library Building.
Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. Applications shall be reviewed by City of Hollywood staff for completeness before being processed. Incomplete applications or failure to submit any of the required attachments may reduce an applicant’s ability to receive assistance.
Please submit only ONE application per household.
Applicants will be contacted by City of Hollywood staff when the application and documents have been reviewed.
Applicants may not receive assistance from another agency for the months of rent assistance paid by the City of Hollywood and will be required to sign a Duplication of Benefits Agreement once they are determined eligible and assistance is approved.
If you have questions, contact the City of Hollywood Community Development Division at 954-921-3271.