SPARK HOLLYWOOD - Attend & Watch the Competition Live!Are you Interested in getting to know Hollywood Florida's up and coming entrepreneurs? Here's your opportunity! Our SPARK Hollywood contestants who were selected as finalists, will pitch their ideas to investors and innovators during the upcoming SPARK Hollywood Pitch Competition.
The ‘quick-pitch competition’ features entrepreneurs and new ventures competing for cash prizes by giving a three-minute presentation of their innovative business proposal to a panel of judges comprised of local investors and business professionals. SPARK Hollywood FL aims to bridge the gap between investors, businesses, and entrepreneurs.
The annual SPARK Pitch Competition will be held on May 26th at the Hollywood Central Performing Arts Center, 1770 Monroe Street.
Call for NominationsDeadline: May 9th, 2022 (Midnight PDT)
The SBA is seeking nominations for the Tibbetts Awards now through May 9th. This year’s awards will honor the 40th anniversary of the Small Business Innovation Research program being signed into law.
The Tibbetts Awards are presented to small businesses and organizations that are judged to exemplify the spirit and mission of America’s Seed Fund, the Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer programs.
The awards are named for Roland Tibbetts, the National Science Foundation program manager who is acknowledged as the founder of the Small Business Innovation Research program. Nominate a business or organization today!
Connect With a Resource Near You!
April is Financial Literacy Month and a good reminder to reach out to an SBA resource partner for free financial counseling and training. Connect with a Community Navigator, Small Business Development Center, SCORE, Veterans Business Outreach Center or a Women's Business Center near you. Learn More
Paycheck Protection Program borrowers: If your loan is $150,000 or less, you may be eligible to apply for direct forgiveness through the SBA, using their online portal. Follow the steps below. 1. Find out if your lender is participating. 2. Watch a video about how to use the portal. 3. Apply for forgiveness.
8a Contracting Certification & Eligibility
Tuesday, May 10 • 11AM • Webinar • Free • Register Here
- This webinar focuses on the benefits of this program. It also covers the eligibility requirements necessary to participate.
- The 8(a) Business Development Program is a business assistance program for small disadvantaged businesses. The 8(a) Program offers a broad scope of assistance to firms that are owned and controlled at least 51% by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals.
- There are substantial benefits of partaking in the program, such as the consideration and preference for government procurement.
- The 8(a) Program is an essential instrument for helping socially and economically disadvantaged entrepreneurs gain access to the economic mainstream of American society. The program helps thousands of aspiring entrepreneurs to gain a foothold in government contracting.
Franchising: What You Need to Know
Are you a small business owner looking to franchise? Are you an entrepreneur interested to purchase a franchise? This dynamic workshop will give you key business and legal insights to make an informed decision on franchising. In particular, the workshop will cover:
• Outline franchising options
• Pro’s & Con’s of franchising
• How to evaluate franchise opportunities
• Preparing a business to be franchised
Tuesday, May 10 • 1PM • Webinar • Free • Register Here
Grow Your Business on LinkedIn Without Spending a Dime
This webinar will focus on how companies can leverage LinkedIn to build their credibility and business leads without spending a dime.
The topics covered in the webinar include:
• Get your social selling score and see how you compare within your industry and network
• Learn how to create a business page on LinkedIn
• Establishing the goals for your business presence on LinkedIn
• Connecting with the target companies, job titles, and influencers in your “space”
• Creating a pillar and cluster content strategy to support your business goals
• Find out how to get more mileage from your posts (from hundreds to thousands of views)
• Learn the Pros and Cons of hosting an event on LinkedIn
Effective Employee Selection, Interviewing & Hiring
Learn how to hire good people. Selection and interviewing skills can be learned. Your employees can make or break you. Whether you have 1, 10, 20, or more, this workshop will develop the skills you can use immediately to select & hire the right kind of people.
Workshop objectives include:
- Determining desired candidate skills and abilities based on business needs
- Evaluating resumes
- Phone screening
- Preparing and leading a candidate interview
- Making a decision on your best fit candidate
Learn from an expert the basic strategies that you can use immediately to make your selection process more effective.Wednesday, May 11 • 5PM • Webinar • Free • Register Here
Introducción a QuickBooks
Aprenda como implementar y usar Quickbooks eficiente y efectivamente para organizarse con las finanzas de su negocio. En este taller, va a aprender acerca de las diferentes versiones de QuickBooks, configurar la plataforma, y usar las herramientas mas importantes.Wednesday, May 11 • 1PM • Webinar • Free • Register Here
- Navegación y configuración
- Cuentas contables
- Cuentas bancarias y tarjetas de crédito
- Productos y servicios
- Clientes y proveedores
- Estimados y ventas
- Gastos y facturas
- Empleados y nómina
SEO Strategies to Improve Your Google Rankings
Thursday, May 12 • 10AM • Webinar • Free • Register Here
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a major component of online marketing. This seminar will teach you how to develop an effective SEO strategy for your business. More specifically, attendees will learn: • basic SEO terminology • how a website is indexed • how to conduct keyword research • on-page optimization strategies • developing quality content
Sourcing Capital For Your Small Business
Thursday, May 12 • 6PM • Webinar • Free • Register Here
Innovative strategies for getting the money you need for your business. The goal of this workshop is to prepare you to get the funding that you need to start your business or to grow and expand it. This is an interactive seminar where participants will share their objectives with the presenter. In this workshop, we will walk you through the basics of: Bank Lending Venture and Angel capital Alternative Financing Strategies Private Investors The participant will leave the workshop with an understanding of what banks and investors are looking for when providing capital to small businesses.
Noise Regulations in Effect
Effective June 1st, select Hollywood businesses must have a Noise Level Detection Device installed. Learn more about the new rules in effect for residents, business owners, and vacation rental property owners HERE.