TY Park is an Open COVID-19 Point of Distribution (POD) Vaccination Site for those 16 and Over
Site closing on May 22nd
Florida Department of Health (FDOH), in partnership with Broward County, are currently operating a "open" POD at TY Park in Hollywood for those 16 and over. Additional important information regarding this site is as follows:
- The site is open to those 16 and over from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays.
- This site offers the Pfizer vaccine
- No appointment required at this POD.
- TY Park will be closed for recreation on vaccination days. The park will be open for recreation on Sundays and Mondays.
- Child care staff need to bring the Florida Health Consent Form, School ID and Florida driver’s license in order to be vaccinated.
- FACT SHEET for Recipients and Caregivers.
Expansion of Vaccination Eligibility
Florida has many sites providing free COVID-19 vaccine to all, Florida residency is no longer required. Use the vaccine finder to find a site near you. Supplies may be limited and appointments may be required. Vaccines are free at all locations.
- Those 18+ are eligible to receive the Moderna and Janssen (Johnson and Johnson) vaccine
- Those 16+ are eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine
No Appointment Required at Florida Department of Health - Broward Vaccination Sites
Until further notice, no appointment required at COVID-19 vaccination sites operated by Florida Department of Health in Broward County. Vaccination sites operated by DOH - Broward are as follows:
- Central Broward Park & Broward County Stadium, 3700 NW 11th Place, Lauderhill. Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (DRIVE-THROUGH VACCINE)
- Coral Square Mall, 9469 W. Atlantic Blvd., Coral Springs. Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (WALK-UP VACCINE)
- Lockhart Stadium, 1350 NW 55th Street, Fort Lauderdale. Hours: Monday - Friday 9 a.m to 4:30 p.m. (WALK-UP VACCINE)
- Markham Park, 16001 W State Road 84, Sunrise. Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (DRIVE-THROUGH VACCINE)
- Pompano Beach Citi Center, 1955 N. Federal Highway, Pompano. Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.(DRIVE-THROUGH VACCINE)
- Quiet Waters Park, 401 S Powerline Road, Deerfield Beach. Hours: Sunday - Thursday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (DRIVE-THROUGH VACCINE)
- Snyder Park, 3299 SW 4th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale. Hours: Tuesday - Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (DRIVE-THROUGH VACCINE)
- T.Y. (Topeekeegee Yugnee) Park, 3300 N. Park Road, Hollywood. Hours: Tuesday - Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (DRIVE-THROUGH VACCINE)
- Tradewinds Park, 3600 W Sample Rd., Coconut Creek. Hours: Sunday-Thursday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (DRIVE-THROUGH VACCINE)
- Tree Tops Park, 3900 SW 100th Avenue, Davie. Hours: Sunday - Thursday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (DRIVE-THROUGH VACCINE)
To check availability and schedule an appointment with local pharmacies and retail stores, please visit:
In-home Vaccinations for Homebound Residents
Complete this Survey for in-home vaccinations. If you need help completing the survey, please call 866-779-6121 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hospital Vaccination Sites
In addition to the Department of Health initiatives, there are 173 hospitals in Florida administering vaccines to health care workers who have direct patient contact, health care workers who are out in the community and to persons age 65+ determined by hospital providers to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19. There are 14 hospitals in Broward County, please click the links below to visit the individual facility's COVID-19 informational webpages:
- Broward Health Coral Springs
- Broward Health Imperial Point
- Broward Health Medical Center
- Broward Health North
- Cleveland Clinic
- Florida Medical Center
- Holy Cross
- Memorial Hospital Miramar
- Memorial Hospital Pembroke Pines
- Memorial Hospital South
- Memorial Regional Hospital
- Plantation General Hospital
- University Hospital
- Westside Regional Hospital
Once an individual has received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, they will be given a scheduled time to return for their second dose. It is very important to return for the second dose on the day and time instructed to do so.
The availability of the vaccine does not reduce the need for ongoing COVID-19 testing, which remains available for free at many locations throughout Broward County, including the Boulevard Heights Community Center in Hollywood. VIEW BROWARD COUNTY TEST COLLECTION SITES. And while initial data of the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccine is encouraging, equally important is to continue to follow safety protocols: wear a mask, practice safe social distancing and wash your hands often.
Florida Residency No Longer a Requirement
The State of Florida has eliminated the proof of residency requirement for getting the COVID-19 vaccine at state and federal supported sites. This is in an effort to expand eligibility across the state. Access is also available to any individual who is present in Florida for the purpose of providing goods or services for the benefit of residents and visitors of the state," according to a statement released from the Florida Department of Health.