The goal of the "Cleaner. Healthier Hollywood" initiative is to beautify our City and improve residents’ quality of life by modifying sanitation service requirements. Everyone is encouraged to do their part and follow the new service requirements in Chapter 50 of the Code of Ordinance.
- Bulk waste collected separately from yard waste. No more commingled collection of these materials.
- Larger amount of materials allowed for bulk collections.
- Modifications to collection schedule in some service areas.
- Newly defined Garbage & Recycling cart placement times and storage location.
- Update to sanitation fee.
- Enforcement modifications for non-compliance violations.
Separate Yard Waste and Bulk Waste Collections
- Yard waste will need to be separated from bulk/hard junk
- Combined piles will no longer be accepted
Weekly Yard Waste Collection Continues
- Yard Waste (grass clippings, leaves, cuttings, fronds, limbs, etc.) will continue to be picked up weekly. This waste must not be mixed with bulk waste for collection.
- Residents are allowed 4 cubic yards of materials
- Yard waste must be on private property. Yard waste material must be stored on private property and can only be placed in the right-of-way for collection at the designated time. Click here to see your collection schedule.
- The collection schedule has changed for some, depending upon the service area.
- Enter your address to confirm garbage, recycling and yard waste collection schedule.
Monthly Bulk/Hard Junk Collection
- Bulk waste (furniture, mattresses, appliances, household goods) collections will no longer take place on a weekly schedule.
- Bulk/hard junk will now be collected once a month.
- Residents are now allowed up to 6 cubic yards of bulk materials.
- Bulk items must be stored on private property prior to placing out for collection.
- Bulk items may NOT be stored in the alley public right-of-way before your designated collection time.
- Bulk items must not be mixed with yard waste for collection.
- Enter your address to confirm your bulk waste collection schedule.
Defined Times and Locations for Cart Placement
- Carts placed out no sooner than 5:00 p.m. on the day prior to scheduled service or no later than 7:00 a.m. on the day of scheduled service.
- Carts must be returned to storage location no later than 7:00 p.m. on the day of scheduled service.
- Storage locations may include a carport, garage, side or rear of a property, approved, recessed cart bay in an alleyway or on private property.
Update to Billing and Special Pickup Penalty
- 6.43% increase approved in 2019 for sanitation collection fees.
- Monthly sanitation fee to be charged, regardless of occupancy.
- Materials placed out earlier than collection schedule will be assessed a removal fee, if not removed within 24 hours of first notice of violation. Previously, it was two days for removal.
- Removal costs will be charged, in addition to the existing $200 administrative service charge.
- Please keep your alleyway clear by trimming your landscaping to allow for clear passage.
- Professional tree trimmers and lawn maintenance companies are required to remove debris.
- Each property with alley access must have house numbers visible.
- 30 day grace period for enforcement ends Saturday, October 31st.
For additional questions or concerns, please call 954.967.4526 or visit our interactive Frequently Asked Questions page.