The Broward Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) is an agency responsible for making policy on local transportation issues and deciding how to spend federal money on transportation projects within Broward County. Broward MPO is developing a Complete Streets Master Plan to guide future investments by creating a prioritized list of projects based on technical, data-driven analysis and community input.
Tell Them What You Think
By participating in the Complete Streets Master Plan survey, you will provide the Broward MPO with insights on what type of street design and improvements are needed to make Broward safer, better connected, and better able to meet the needs of all of its residents. Take the entire survey for the chance to win one of four $50 Visa gift cards!
Did you know?
Complete Streets are streets that are built for all users with an emphasis on pedestrians, bicyclists, and those that access transit.
• There are health, equity, safety, and economic benefits to designing roads that balance the modes of transportation between pedestrians, bicyclists, transit riders, and cars.
• Bicycling for transportation has been shown to reduce heart disease, cancer, and stroke.
• Housing in walkable neighborhoods in higher market rates than in non-walkable neighborhoods.
• Streets that provide travel choices can give people the option to avoid traffic jams, and increase the overall capacity of the transportation network.
• Transit-oriented developments, that include well-designed Complete Streets, connect housing, retail and services and increase access to jobs.
• Public health experts are encouraging walking and bicycling as a response to the obesity epidemic.
• Making streets safe and convenient for walking, riding a bike or taking transit can help families save money on transportation and relieve strained budgets.
• Safe routes to both schools and parks encourage residents to walk and bike more to get around.
• Adults living within a half mile of a park exercise more often and lead healthier longer lives.
Reference: Benefits of Complete Streets, Smart Growth America