The Florida Department of Transportation awarded a $4,580,758 contract to Weekley Asphalt, Inc., for 2.5 miles of roadway improvements along Stirling Road from east of SR 7/US 441 to east of University Drive. Construction is set to begin on February 20, 2017 and is expected to be completed by Early 2018.
The project improvements include:
• Roadway widening east and west of SR 7/US 441 to allow for a new 5-foot bike lane to connect to existing bike lanes along Stirling Road
• Median modifications to accommodate longer turn lanes from Stirling Road to SR 7/US 441.
• Removing old asphalt and resurfacing the roadway within project limits
• Upgrading sidewalks and ramps to meet current ADA standards
• Installing new pedestrian countdown timers at the following intersections: SW 64th Avenue/Carriage Heights Drive, North 66th Avenue, and SR 7/US 441
• Installing Intelligent Transportation System technology throughout project corridor
• Replacing overhead aluminum signs
• Improving the existing lighting along the corridor
• Installation new bus shelter pads at existing bus stop locations
• Adding new signing and pavement markings
Motorists can expect lane closures Monday through Friday between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. and overnight closures Sunday through Thursday between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. If you would like to receive updates on this project from FDOT, please email email@example.com and include the subject line “Stirling Road Improvements Project in Davie, Hollywood, and the Seminole Indian Reservation.”