The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) awarded a $1,321,404 contract to Weekly Asphalt, Inc., for roadway improvements along SW 30th Avenue from Griffin Road to SW 42nd Street in Hollywood and Dania Beach. Construction is scheduled to begin on Monday, October 24, 2016 and is expected to be completed by Summer 2017.
FDOT will be holding an Open House for the community on Tuesday, October 25th from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm at the Patrick J. Meli Aquatic Complex Community Center, 2901 SW 52nd Street, Fort Lauderdale. All are invited to attend.
The project is .55 miles and includes:
• Widening from a 2-lane divided highway to a 4-lane divided highway from Griffin Road to SW 45th Street
• New signing and pavement marking configuration between SW 45th Street to SW 42nd Street, including the SW 30th Avenue bridge over the Dania Cut-Off Canal
• Adding bike lanes that will vary from 4-feet to 6.5-feet in width
• Sidewalk improvements including upgrading ramps to meet current ADA standards
• Installing new street lighting on west side of SW 30th Avenue and south side of Griffin Road at the intersection of SW 30th Avenue
• Installing an emergency traffic signal at Broward Sheriff’s Office substation
• Traffic signal improvements at Griffin Road and SW 30th Avenue to add an additional dedicated right turn movement
One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction throughout the entirety of this project. Most work will occur behind a concrete barrier wall Mondays through Saturdays 7:00 am - 9:00 pm. and Sundays and Holidays 8:00 am - 9:00 pm.
For additional project information please contact Casey Liening, Public Information Officer at 954- 940-7585 or via email at email@example.com. Project updates, lane closure information, as well as a weekly traffic report are distributed by FDOT. Use “SW 30th Avenue Improvements Project in Hollywood and Dania Beach” in the subject line of your email.