The Florida Department of Transportation will be upgrading lighting and signalization at the intersection of Sheridan Street and N 46th Avenue. Construction is anticipated to begin in October and is estimated to be completed in early 2024, pending weather and holidays.
- Upgrading existing signalization with mast arms
- Extending the left-turn lanes at the intersection to provide additional vehicle storage capacity
- Milling and resurfacing the existing roadway
- Replacing and upgrading existing curb sidewalk ramps
- Upgrading signing, pavement markings, lighting with LED fixtures, and pedestrian signals
Single lane closures are permitted along SR 822/Sheridan Street between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. and between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Single lane closures are permitted along N. 46th Avenue between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Motorist and pedestrian access to businesses and residences will be maintained at all times
Project estimated cost: $1,746,922
- Sarely Tejeda, P.E. FDOT Project Manager: Email, 954.218.4104
- Inna Leskovykh, Project Manager: Email, 954.298.9288
- Rebecca Guerrero, Community Outreach Specialist: Email, 954.940.7605