In July 2023, the City Commission approved the Comprehensive Agreement and Ground Lease between the City and GCF Development & PPG Development for the redevelopment of the Orangebrook Golf and Country Club, as part of a Public-Private Partnership (P3). Watch the meeting video here from the July meeting.
As part of the 2019 voter-approved General Obligation Bond, one of the improvement projects in the Parks, Open Space, Recreational and Cultural Facilities category was the revitalization of the Orangebrook Golf and Country Club. The project description included:
- 36 holes of golf to be renovated including an 18 hole championship course and an 18 hole Par 3 course, enhanced putting/chipping area, 9 illuminated holes for evening play, and driving range
- A new 15,000 sq. ft. multi-use clubhouse
- ADA accessible nature preserve path within course designed with wildlife habitat/biodiversity for walking, jogging, biking,
- Improved course drainage and water retention capacity
- New cart barn, maintenance building, course restrooms, starter shack and cart paths
- Parking lot and entryway signage.
These improvements were estimated to cost taxpayers $24.7 million. Subsequently, the city received an unsolicited proposal for the redevelopment of the 36-hole course. Following the state's public-private partnerships (P3) statute, proposals were were reviewed by a selection committee, with GCF Development & PPG Development ranking highest, followed by E2L then Ernie ELS Group. Presentation and meeting videos are provided below.
Presentation to the City Commission on July 13, 2023
Presentation to the City Commission on March 1, 2023
Evaluation Committee Final Rankings and Recommendations Meeting on February 13, 2023
Presentation by the Applicants to the City Commission on January 18, 2023
Evaluation Committee Final Rankings and Recommendations Meeting on December 19, 2022
Best and Final Offer (BAFO) Presentations on December 13, 2022
CBRE Presentation on November 15, 2022
CBRE Presentation on October 18, 2022