City of Hollywood and Broward County governmental offices will be closed on Thursday and Friday, November 25-26 for the Thanksgiving holiday. As is always the case, many alternate and online services are provided. View the City's Online Services and County Online Resource Guide.
ATTENTION HOLLYWOOD RESIDENTS: Sanitation collection services will take place on a normal collection schedule. Passive parks will remain open to the public.
Additional County information:
- The 311 Call Center will be closed, but the Homeless Helpline will remain open from 8AM to 6PM both days.
- All Broward County Library locations will be closed. Customers can visit Broward.org/Library to search the online catalog, place holds on/renew materials and access free online classes, eBooks, eMagazines, streaming/downloadable movies, TV shows and music.
- Most Broward County regional and neighborhood parks, nature centers, and natural areas will be open on both Thanksgiving Day and Friday. The exceptions are Boulevard Gardens, Carpenter House, and Deerfield Highlands, which remain closed. Markham Target Range is closed on Friday. Deerfield Island is open Friday through Sunday only. Parks administrative offices will be closed both days. The regional parks' weekend and holiday gate fee ($1.50/person, ages 5 and under free) will be in effect on Thanksgiving. County Administrative Policy requires wearing facial coverings and practicing social distancing while inside Broward County park buildings.
- Broward County Transit will operate on a Sunday/holiday schedule on Thanksgiving Day and return to a modified weekday service schedule on Friday, November 26. Customer Service Representatives will be available to provide trip-planning assistance at 954-357-8400 (TTY 954-357-8302) for fixed and paratransit routes on Thursday from 8:30AM - 4:45PM and from 7AM to 7:45PM on Friday. Customer Service Staff will also be available from 8:45 A.M. to 4:45 P.M. on Thursday and from 6:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. on Friday at Broward County Transit's Main Terminal, in downtown Fort Lauderdale, located at 101 N.W. 1st Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301 and at the Lauderhill Transit Center, in Lauderhill, located at 1359 NW 40th Avenue, Lauderhill, FL 33313. The Northeast Transit Center, in Pompano Beach, located at 304 Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 33060 will be closed on Thursday, staff will be available on Friday from 11:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. For more information, please visit our website.
- Broward County's Animal Care and Adoption Center will be closed, however residents can access many services online. For emergencies only involving animal attacks or bites, injured animals, and situations requesting police assistance, call 911. For non-emergencies, residents can call Animal Care beginning Saturday at 8:30AM at 954-359-1313. For lost and found cats or dogs, call 954-359-1313, ext. 9273. Visit the Animal Care website to purchase a pet license or adopt a pet.
- The Aviation Department administrative offices at Broward County's Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport will be closed. Calls will be answered 24 hours a day for general airport related questions at 954-359-6100. All terminals and airport facilities will operate normally. For additional Airport information, visit FLL.net or follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
The North Perry Airport administrative office will be closed. Calls will be answered 24 hours a day for general airport related questions at 954-336-2973. The Airport will operate normally.
- Broward County's Port Everglades administrative offices will be closed; however, the building will remain open during normal business hours for tenants. Port Operations' marine services will be provided at standard levels without interruption on a 24/7 basis.
- The Office of the Medical Examiner and Trauma Services' administrative offices will be closed, but all family and professional services are available 24/7. Call 954-357-5200 for information and assistance or visit our website.
- The Broward Addiction Recovery Center has limited Admission hours due to COVID 19 and is not allowing walk-ins at this time. Currently, services are available from 6:30AM - 6:30PM seven days a week. Appointments are required for all services including detoxification. Call 954-357-4851 to schedule an appointment or 954-357-4880 for general information. Residential services will continue with no visitation. Administration and Outpatient offices will be closed.
- The Nancy J. Cotterman Center will operate and accept referrals for the Crisis Unit and the Child Protection Team on a 24-hour emergency basis. Call 954-357-5778 for emergency intakes. For all other non-intake emergencies, call the 24-hour Helpline at 954-761-7273 (954-761-RAPE) or TTY 954-765-4195. The administrative offices will be closed for the day.
- The Broward County Landfill, located at 7101 S.W. 205 Ave., will be closed on Thursday and Friday, November 25-26. It will be open on Saturday, November 27 from 8AM to 4PM.