Engineering, Transportation & Mobility
Engineering provides development, planning, design management, regulatory permitting, and construction management for all associated engineering activities that involve the City. Engineering oversees reviews of site plans and building permits, sidewalk café tables permits, traffic engineering and public right-of-way rehabilitation oversight, right-of-way permit review, plat and subdivision regulations, roadway rehabilitation programs, portable storage container permits and tree removal permits.
Online Options Available
- Tree Removal Permit Application
- Pay For Permits Online
- Easement Encroachment Acknowledgement
- Missed Inspection Affidavit
- Homeowner Affidavit
Please note: the 50/50 Sidewalk Program was discontinued as of October 22, 2020. For more information call our office at 954.921.3900.
Virtual assistance available for ALL services (i.e. request call-back, various virtual online meeting platforms, email). In-person services, by appointment only. Click here or download the free QLess app from your phone’s app store or text "Hollywoodservice" to 954.241.1105 to reserve your appointment.
Questions for a specific plans examiner? Informational Consultations must use QLess to make an appointment: Tues. & Thurs. between 7:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
New concrete sidewalks are being constructed in the following locations:
o The west side of N 16th Avenue from Shenandoah Street to Liberty Street.
o North side of Liberty Street from 17th Court to 15th Avenue.
o North side of Shenandoah Street from 17th Court to 16th Avenue.
The proposed sidewalks will be 5 feet wide and the swales adjacent to the new sidewalk will be regraded. The City of Hollywood and the contractor are coordinating to ensure access to garbage collection and mail during construction.
Taft Street Improvements Public Meeting
Public Meeting Presentation link:
Taft Street PowerPoint Presentation Link:
Johnson Street Sidewalk Installation
During the months of June and July, the City’s Contractor will construct a 5’ wide concrete sidewalk and a new curb along the north side of Johnson Street, east of I-95 to N. 28th Ave. Currently they are in the process of removing the existing asphalt walkway and curbing.
- Weekly Asphalt Paving completed most of the sidewalk/swale repairs on the Surtax R&M project (BC-HLYWD-FY2020-00002) located on North 58th Avenue and attended a pre-construction meeting to start milling and re-paving associated with Surtax R&M project (BC-HLYWD-FY2020-00001) located on North Park Road, West Park Road, Raleigh Street, Sarazen Drive and North 26th Avenue. Work is expected to start the week of July 11th, 2022.
Washington Street in the vicinity of S. 52nd Avenue is going to be under construction as part of a project being performed under permit by the firm (Pulte Group) that recently completed a large residential development where the Hillcrest community’s golf course once was. The overall project has been divided into four (4) Phases, each with its own Maintenance of Traffic plan and detour route.
The developer has indicated that they are ready to start the work associated with Phase 1, which involves fully closing S. 52nd Avenue immediately to the south of Washington Street. The developer has advised that the work related to this notice is planned to start on Monday, July 18th and will be under construction until approximately Friday, August 19th. The Maintenance of Traffic plan and associated detour route for the Phase 1 work is shown in the link below.
Milling and Resurfacing Projects
The following milling and resurfacing projects have been completed in 2022:
- North 9th Avenue from Hollywood Blvd to Polk Street
- Pierce Street from North 14th Avenue to North 13th Avenue
- Adams Street from Federal Highway to South 17th Avenue
- Van Buren Street from South 21st Avenue to South 20th Avenue
- Lincoln Street from North 46th Avenue to North 48th Avenue
- Farragut Street from North 76th Avenue to North 77th Avenue
- North 78th Avenue from Sheridan Street to Hope Street