- Development Services
Engineering, Transportation & Mobility
Engineering provides development, planning, design management, regulatory permitting, and construction management for all associated engineering activities that involve the City. Engineering oversees reviews of site plans and building permits, sidewalk café tables permits, traffic engineering and public right-of-way rehabilitation oversight, right-of-way permit review, plat and subdivision regulations, roadway rehabilitation programs, portable storage container permits and tree removal permits.
Online Options Available
- Tree Removal Permit Application
- Pay For Permits Online
- Easement Encroachment Acknowledgement
- Missed Inspection Affidavit
- Homeowner Affidavit
Please note: the 50/50 Sidewalk Program was discontinued as of October 22, 2020. For more information call our office at 954.921.3900.
Virtual assistance available for ALL services (i.e. request call-back, various virtual online meeting platforms, email). In-person services, by appointment only. Click here or download the free QLess app from your phone’s app store or text "Hollywoodservice" to 954.241.1105 to reserve your appointment.
Questions for a specific plans examiner? Informational Consultations must use QLess to make an appointment: Tues. & Thurs. between 7:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
North 58th Avenue: Milling, paving and resurfacing between Johnson St. and Sheridan St. The project included a new 18-inch storm drain and associated catch basins between Johnson and Grant Street. The project has been completed.
North Park Road: milling, paving, and resurfacing between Oak Dr. and Sheridan St. The project included the lengthening of the left turn lane at Sheridan Street. It has been completed.
Raleigh Street: sidewalk replacement between North Park Road and 38th Avenue has been completed, as well as resurfacing work.
Sarazen Drive: between North 35th Street and North 46th Avenue. The job performed includes swale restoration, milling and resurfacing of the existing road, new pavement markings, and sidewalk replacement.
Liberty Street: This construction project includes resurfacing, rehabilitation, and maintenance activities including storm drain upgrades and swale restoration. Work is being performed between North Park Road and North 31st Avenue and a section of North 31st Road south of Liberty Street. Storm water work is almost completed and it is expected to be done by mid-April. New sidewalk and ADA mats have been installed.
West Park Road: work has been completed between North Park Rd. and North 40th Ave. Pavement marking for pedestrians crossing and stop bars were installed.
North 26th Avenue: milling, paving, and resurfacing work between Sheridan St. and Taft St. was performed after underground and public utilities construction. Contractor is now working on a punch list to finish the project.
The City of Hollywood is constructing new sidewalks in the following areas:
- N. 25 Avenue from Harding street to Thomas Street (east side and west side).
- Liberty street from N. 24 Avenue to N. 26 Avenue (north side)
- Scott Street from N. 24 Avenue to N 26 Avenue (north side)
- Coolidge Street from N. 24 Avenue to N. 26 Avenue (north side)
- Harding Street from N. 24 Avenue to N. 26 Avenue (north side)
The City of Hollywood will start construction of new sidewalks starting April 5, 2023 in the following areas:
- Grant Street from N. 24 Avenue to N. 27 Avenue (south side)
- Farragut Street from N. 66 Avenue to N. 67 Avenue (south side).
- Simms Street from N. 66 Avenue to N. 67 Avenue (south side). Un
- Atlanta Street from N. 66 Avenue to N. 67 Avenue (south side).
- Freedom Street from N. 66 Avenue to N. 67 Avenue (north side and south side).
- Douglas Street from N. 66 Avenue to N. 67 Avenue (south side).
- Raleigh Street from N. 66 Avenue to N. 67 Avenue (south side).
- Hope Street from N. 66 Avenue to N. 67 Avenue (south side).
Public Notice was made on June 22, 2022, providing 90 day notice that the City intended to amend Chapter 38 of the Code of Ordinances and create a Development Impact Fee. The new Development Impact Fee provision encompasses Impact Fees that will be used for funding new capital or expansionary projects within the following City business units:
General Government Buildings
- Law Enforcement
- Parks and Recreation
- Multi-Modal Transportation.
The City Commission adopted the new Impact Fee Ordinance based on a study completed by Tindale Oliver. The new impact fees applies to all applicable new construction building permit applications submitted on or after September 22, 2022. Impact Fee Schedule