- Public Works
- Facility & Street Maintenance
- Street Maintenance
Street and General Maintenance crews are responsible for maintaining 421 miles of roadway within the City of Hollywood as well as 3,143 City-owned streetlights.
The majority of streetlights in Hollywood are owned and maintained by Florida Power and Light (FPL). Streetlight outages should be reported directly to FPL for repair. Use FPL's Lighting Trouble Report online tool to report a malfunctioning street light. If FPL indicates the light is maintained by the City of Hollywood, please enter the location and a description of the issue into the Help Me Hollywood online tool or call 954.967.4526.
Staff responsibilities include:
- Maintaining Downtown Hollywood, from Harrison Street to Tyler Street and Dixie Highway to east of Young Circle. Maintenance includes street sweeping, litter removal and emptying trash receptacles, vacuuming and pressure cleaning sidewalks, and hard junk removal from alleyways.
- Daily or weekly cleaning of parks, building grounds, and other City-owned properties.
- Asphalt repairs including filling potholes and utility cuts.
- Repairing City-owned sidewalks, concrete walls, curbs, and gutters as well as pavement within and/or adjacent to parks and City facilities.
- Removing hazards in the rights-of-way and sight obstructions at intersections or where they block the view of roadway signage and oncoming vehicles.
- Debris and litter removal from roadways, sidewalks, bicycle paths, and bus stops (not including bus shelters which are maintained by contractors)
- Maintaining 98,000 linear feet of fencing in and around parks, athletic fields and other City-owned properties.
- Repairing and maintaining City-owned streetlights.
- Trimming, removing, and planting landscaping in City parks, public rights-of-ways, and at facilities
- Graffiti removal
- Illegal "snipe" sign removal from public right-of-way.
- Administering and monitoring contract street sweeping on major corridors throughout the City.
- Installing special event banners and holiday decorations on Hollywood Boulevard.
The City of Hollywood has partnered with Broward County on the Adopt-A-Street program. The program encourages volunteer citizen groups to take an active role to keep their neighborhoods litter-free. For more information on the Adopt-A-Street Program please CLICK HERE. For more information on the Adopt-A-Street Program please contact Assistant Director of Public Works, Karen Arndt, at 954.967.4526. For additional information on Street Maintenance, please call 954.967.4526.