The City of Hollywood is the ideal place to open or relocate your business. The city is centrally located on Florida’s east coast between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. It also includes Port Everglades, one of the largest passenger and cargo ports in the world, and is just minutes away from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, offering convenient domestic and international air travel to millions of travelers every year.
From Hollywood’s world-class beaches to its quaint, charming downtown district, you can’t go wrong opening a business in the city. Welcoming residents and a business-friendly city administration – Hollywood is the place for success! For questions or assistance with doing business in Hollywood, please contact the Office of the City Manager at 954.921.3201.
Helpful City Links
- Bids - View active vendor bids from the City of Hollywood and learn how to become a registered city vendor.
- Building Permits - Learn how to apply for a building permit.
- Business Disaster Preparedness - Learn how to prepare yourself and your business for an emergency.
- Film Permits - Interested in filming a production in the City of Hollywood? This page will explain the process for obtaining a required film permit.
- Local Business Tax Receipt - Operating a business in Hollywood requires you to have a local business tax receipt. Learn how to obtain and renew yours here.
- New Business Listings - View a month-by-month breakdown of new and transferred businesses in the city of Hollywood.
- Security Alarm Registration - If you are thinking about installing an alarm system in your business, you will need to know how to obtain a permit and what fees apply.