To provide high-quality and innovative technology solutions and services to City agencies, citizens and those doing business with the City.
Responsibilities & Services
The Information Technology department provides technology solutions, services and support to all City agencies, as well as implementing online services to facilitate obtaining information and doing business with the City for residents and businesses. The department acts as the technology liaison with other governmental and non-governmental agencies to facilitate the sharing of data for City purposes.
The Director of Information Technology is responsible for the overall management of information technology resources. In addition to the Administration Division, which provides support services, Information Technology is comprised of two divisions:
Network Computer Services/Communications:
- Management and support of Citywide personal and mobile computer related activities;
- Management and support of the City's network infrastructure supporting data, voice over IP, hybrid telephony, wireless access, remote access and video;
- Management and support of the City's Help Desk;
- Management and support of the City's servers, e-mail, personal computers, smartphones, tablets, laptops, standalone and network printers;
- Management and support of the City’s CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) system;
- Investigation and testing of innovative technologies to keep the City current with best practices in the Information Technology realm.
Systems and Programming:
- Selection, development, systems integration and support of all personal computer and LAN based application software;
- Assisting departments with the development, management and support of the City's Internet and Intranet web pages, and e-government initiatives;
- Operational support, ongoing maintenance and enhancement of approximately 150 software applications located on-premise and cloud-based;
- Investigation and testing of innovative technologies to keep the City current with best practices in the Information Technology realm;
- Management and support of GIS applications, databases and data sharing initiatives to incorporate GIS functionality into daily operations;
- Information Technology strategic planning and business process re-engineering.