Foreclosure Assistance

Tips To Avoid Foreclosure

  • Contact your lender's loss mitigation department
  • Open and respond to all mail from your lender
  • Call a HUD (U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development) approved Housing Counseling Agency (for links to housing counseling agencies, see below)

Information regarding your

Fannie Mae Loan 

HUD approved Housing Counseling Agencies in Broward County

Other Related Resources

For information on how to obtain a U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) certified default counselor, visit HUD'S website When you get to the home page of the HUD website, you will need to click on the RESOURCES tab at the top, select "HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agencies" from the drop down, click on the state of Florida, scroll down (alphabetical order by city) to the nearest city to you.

Contact the Counseling Agency for further instructions or call the HUD office at 1.800.569.4287.