Eviction Prevention, Rent and Utility Assistance
The City has entered into agreement with HOPE South Florida to provide Eviction Prevention/Rental and Utility Assistance Program funded by State Housing Initiatives Partnership Funds (SHIP) for City of Hollywood residents that have been affected by the COVID-19 Health Crisis.
Maximum Grant Amount
Three Month’s Rent up to $5,000.00
- A tenant beneficiary(s) must be a United States Citizen or legal resident, eligible to receive federal assistance as defined in Title 8 of the U.S.C. and 24 CFR Section 570.613.
- The tenant beneficiary’s total household income must not exceed 80% Area median Income (AMI), adjusted for family size, at the time of application. (Income Limits Chart below)
- The tenant beneficiary must reside within the corporate limits of the City of Hollywood and had residency within the corporate limits of the City of Hollywood as of the date the COVID-19 Health Emergency was officially declared by Governor of the State of Florida on March 9, 2020. See Governor's Executive Order Number 20-52 Governor's Executive Order.
- The tenant beneficiary must have a lease in their name.
- The tenant beneficiary or household member must not have liquid assets that exceed the benefit cap of the Eviction Prevention/Rental Assistance Program.
- The Eviction Prevention/Rental Assistance Program is created to assist eligible households with temporary rental and utility assistance in order to avoid displacement due to loss of income, reduction in hours, or unemployment as a result of the COVID-19 Health Emergency.
- The tenant beneficiary must have documented information to evidence loss of income, reduction in hours, or unemployment as a result of the disaster/emergency that contributed to non-payment of rental and/or utility payments or inability to pay future rent and/or utility payments.
|HOUSEHOLD||MAXIMUM GROSS INCOME|
The application for assistance with instructions will be available starting June 25, 2020 by clicking here.
The application will require you to attach documents of proof of identity, residency and income. Please begin to collect the following information:
☐ Request for assistance Award/Denial Letters for each adult household member;
☐ Unemployment approval/denial Letter for each adult household member;
☐ Unemployment Statement for each adult household member;
☐ Most recent Workers Compensation Statements for each adult household member;
☐ Most current copy of lease in applicant's name. If lease is expired, please bring a lease extension. If the lease began after the declaration of emergency (March 9, 2020), please bring the old lease with the same address listed;
☐ Landlord’s W-9 (A W-9 form is an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax form that is used to confirm a person's name, address, and taxpayer identification number (TIN) for employment or other income-generating purposes). To obtain a W-9, please click here: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf;
☐ Three (3) day notice for failure to pay rent (if applicable);
☐ Three (3) most current consecutive (back to back) utility bills in applicant's name;
☐ Provide any and all proof of income for individuals that live at the property and that are over the age of 18;
☐ 6 months most recent bank statements for each adult household member (Please bring ALL pages of each bank statement. Example: Page 1 of 6 should include 6 pages);
☐ Last 2 months of consecutive (back to back) paycheck stubs (4-6 paycheck stubs) for each adult household member;
☐ Attach most recent IRS Tax Form 1099 for each adult household member (if applicable);
☐ Current copy of social security statement/award letter for each adult household member;
☐ Current copy of retirement/pension statements for each adult household member;
☐ Attach Alimony Agreement, Child Support Agreement or other for each adult household member
Applicants will download the application, print and complete ALL information required. Application shall be completed legibly in Blue ink only and include signatures and witnesses, as specified.
Please note: Effective Monday, July 20th, public access to City Hall and City buildings located on the City Hall Circle campus, minus the Broward County Library – Hollywood Branch, will be suspended.
There shall be no blank spaces and applicants shall mark any space where information is not applicable with “n/a”. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applicants will print legibly, in Blue ink, and provide all necessary information on the application.
Applicants will attach ALL necessary documentation listed in the checklist above. Applicants shall not provide any original documentation. Only photocopies will be accepted. The City will not make photocopies for any applicant. If all documentation is not provided, the application will not be accepted. Applicants must drop off all hard copies of completed application and attachments to:
City of Hollywood’s Community Development Division
2600 Hollywood Blvd.- Old Library Building
Hollywood, FL 33020.
Special Instructions: Applicants may utilize the "Mail Drop Box” located on the right side of the glass doors of the Old Library Building. Again, please make sure all attachments are attached to your application and affixed together. City staff will not be available to review your submission.
Applications shall be reviewed by City of Hollywood staff for completeness and forwarded to HOPE South Florida, Inc. for Income Certification.
Please submit only ONE application per household.
Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. Only complete applications and attachments will be forwarded to Hope South Florida, Inc. for processing. Incomplete applications or failure to submit any of the required attachments may reduce an applicant’s ability to receive assistance.
Applicants will be contacted by either City of Hollywood or Hope South Florida staff when the application and documents have been reviewed.
Applicants will be required to sign a SHIP Disaster Assistance Written Agreement once they are determined eligible and assistance is approved.
If you have questions or require assistance with the application, contact the City of Hollywood Community Development Division at 954-921-3271.