Refuse & Recycling
The Environmental Services Division oversees the collection of garbage, brush, hard junk, and recyclables in an effort to maintain the health and safety of residents. The Division also coordinates the Keep Hollywood Beautiful Programs which include monthly Beach Sweep Clean-ups, and the Adopt-a-Street and Cash for Trash Program.
Commingled Waste Materials:
- Brush such as tree branches, palm fronds and shrubbery. "Green" materials must be cut to a maximum of four feet in length
- Household items eligible for collection include furniture, box springs, mattresses, sofas, carpeting, carpet padding, patio furniture, metal, or barbeque grills (no propane tanks please)
- Loose materials may include items like flower pots.
- White Goods eligible for collection include dishwashers, washer, dryers, stoves, water heaters, refrigerators with the doors removed, and air conditioners with all the Freon removed.
- NO household hazardous waste materials like paint cans or construction materials like bricks or bags of concrete will be collected
- All kitchen and table refuse
- Food scraps
- Plastic food and beverage containers
- Aluminum, steel and tin cans
- Clear, green, blue and brown glass
- Newspapers and inserts
- Milk and juice cartons
- Brown, corrugated shipping boxes
For additional information on collections please contact Waste Pro at 954.967.4200 or the City's Environmental Services Division at 954.967.4320.
Paint distribution takes place at 1600 S. Park Road in Hollywood. Paint is available the second Saturday in January, April, July & October from 8 am until noon. Up to 20 gallons of high quality recycled exterior latex paint is available to single-family homeowners who provide their driver’s license and a current utility bill as proof of residency in the City of Hollywood. The paint colors offered include off-white, beige, terracotta, gray, and turquoise. Please call 954.967.4526 for additional information or CLICK HERE